Centro Latino de Educacion Popular
Countywide Spanish Literacy Campaign
Launched a literacy campaign that is mobilizing and training 2,000 literate Spanish speakers to help their non-literate friends and family aid members learn to read and write using web-based technology.
Progress to Date:
- Trained 98 participants (tutors and students) to use LEAMOS.
- Trained 16 educators on LEAMOS at the California Association of Freirian Educators' conference.
- Migrated existing LEAMOS application to a more scalable, robust platform and produced online training video for tutors.
- Developed campaign communications and outreach plan.
- Developed a business plan to garner resources needed to sustain and expand campaign beyond 2009.
46th Assembly District, John Perez
22nd Senate District, Kevin De Leon
34th Congressional District, Lucille Roybal-Allard
Los Angeles Countywide Spanish Literacy Campaign Final Report- Centro Latino for Literacy