The CETF Strategic Action Plan set forth an open, explicit and transparent approach for strategies being embraced for grantmaking to have the greatest impact from the seed capital on closing the Digital Divide and achieving Digital Inclusion (e-Inclusion).
GOALS FOR SUCCESS: 98% DEPLOYMENT AND 80% ADOPTION
- Access for At Least 98% of Households by 2023
- Robust Rural-Urban California Telehealth Network (CTN)
- All Tribal Lands Connected and Part of CTN
- Statewide Adoption 80% by 2017 and 90% by 2023
- Adoption in All Regions and Socioeconomic Groups At Least 70%
- Increased Overall Accessibility and Universal Design
California a Global Leader in Deployment and Adoption
- Sufficient Speeds for Consumer Applications that Drive Adoption
- Increased Economic Productivity
- Reduced Environmental Impacts
Current trends indicate that market forces alone will not achieve the goals. There must be focused leadership at all levels of government coupled with new public policy and additional resources to finish the job of closing the Digital Divide in California.