BEST PRACTICES TO BE INCORPORATED
STRATEGIC APPROACH TO FOSTER COLLABORATION
- IT companies and broadband providers have official adopted policy to incorporate universal design into all products.
- Website designers are fully aware of the issues and adequately trained to optimize accessibility for websites.
- Private sector regularly consults experts on disabilities and leaders in the disabled communities about new product design.
- Studies are conducted to evaluate results.
- Explore with established statewide organizations (serving people with disabilities) the feasibility of co-sponsoring yearly(<3 years) roundtable summits with leading companies to discuss and demonstrate universal design, with special attention to website design.
- Develop a public outreach and education program.
- Design, conduct and evaluation program to determine market impacts.
Loans for Assistive Technology
- Low-interest loans are made available to disabled persons for acquiring assistive technology to become more self-sufficient.
- Training and tech support are provided to participants.
- Participants are connected to social networks.
- Continue to explore with interested financial institutions the feasibility of developing a low-interest loan program for assistive technology.
- Work with established organizations (serving people with disabilities) to design an education and marketing program.