Center on the States Broadband Conference
Rachelle Chong, Special Counsel, Office of the State Chief Information Officer – PowerPoint Presentations
Broadband Task Force Set Telehealth Network Goal
- Governor’s Broadband Task Force Recommendation ‘06: Form a telehealth network
- California won a $22.1 million from the FCC’s Rural Health Care Pilot Project program
- It’s a big statewide tent:
- University of California Office of the President with UC Davis Health System are legally and financially responsible partner for the project.
- Other key partners are Office of the Governor, California Public Utilities Commission, California Business, Housing & Transportation Agency, & California Health and Human Resources.
- Nearly $10 million more were contributed by partners such as California Emerging Technology Fund, UnitedHealth, California Teleconnect Fund, National Coalition for Health Integration, and the California HealthCare Foundation.
- Other advisory health care group participants: provider associations and existing telehealth networks